9 keys to building self-esteem
1. Aim to surround yourself with people who are encouraging, believers, wiser, and uplifting (small group, city groups, or support group).
2. Avoid friends or people who gossip, are negative, keep drama, or speak down to you, call you negative names.
3. Be an example to friends and loved ones by providing positive words, praise, and compliments when deserved.
4. Reevaluate what currently builds your self-esteem and if your physical attributes (butt, breasts, hips) are on the top of that list, seek to replace them with your intrinsic characteristics, such as kindness, a sense of humor, intelligence, and so forth.
5. Set realistic goals for yourself. Goals should be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time sensitive (S.M.A.R.T.).
6. Use to-do lists and checklists to encourage yourself by accomplishing goals and having control over your day.
7. Take a personality assessment to better understand your spiritual gifts and skills unique to you.
8. Volunteer and serve your community using your spiritual gifts to help someone less fortunate than yourself.
9. Pray for God’s words, strength, courage, and wisdom daily to maintain positive thoughts throughout the day.